100 inch 3D Laser-Tv prototyp from HDI
OLED Display News
- Details Curved Edge Super AMOLED Display of Galaxy Note Edge - Infos about the world first curved Super-Amoled Galaxy Edge Note
- Samsung Display showcase 5 to 14 inch OLED Displays at IMID2014 - Samsung and LG-Display at IMID-2014
- Sony BVM-X300 30 inch OLED reference Monitor - 30-inch 4K TRIMASTER EL OLED critical reference monitor
- LG to cut OLED TV price again-Samsung preparing OLED TVs? - 55EC9300 for about 3000 Dollar! That means that this OLED TV costs twice as much as a same-size LCD TV
- LG Display confirmed Plastic AMOLED for Apple Watch - Apple Watch to come with AMOLED panels from LG-Display
HDI a Los Gatos startup unveiled the world's first 100-inch 3D home theater powered by lasers.The engine uses LCoS panels and comes from Microdisplay.
For the laser light source, HDI has developed a laser module that contains a red, green and blue laser, each having an output of 1 Watt.
The Laser-Television system had a diagonal of 100 inches and an aspect ratio of 16:9. With a power consumption of 150 Watts, 300 nits were presented on the screen. Reportedly, 7 to 8 ft/Lamberts of circularly polarized light were presented to each eye. The contrast ratio was stated to be about 1000:1
The colors are richer than anything else, because they come from lasers.