100 inch 3D Laser-Tv prototyp from HDI
OLED Display News
- Samsung announces plans to release a foldable phone in 2017
- New LG Display TV factory in Vietnam announced
- Ultra-Thin transparent OLED lighting panels presented by Fraunhofer FEP
- Sharp presents prototypes of 3.4 inch bendable OLEDs
- Samsung’s latest deal with Apple: 100m AMOLED displays for new iPhone
HDI a Los Gatos startup unveiled the world's first 100-inch 3D home theater powered by lasers.The engine uses LCoS panels and comes from Microdisplay.
For the laser light source, HDI has developed a laser module that contains a red, green and blue laser, each having an output of 1 Watt.
The Laser-Television system had a diagonal of 100 inches and an aspect ratio of 16:9. With a power consumption of 150 Watts, 300 nits were presented on the screen. Reportedly, 7 to 8 ft/Lamberts of circularly polarized light were presented to each eye. The contrast ratio was stated to be about 1000:1
The colors are richer than anything else, because they come from lasers.