100 inch 3D Laser-Tv prototyp from HDI
OLED Display News
- Sony Xperia Z3X features a 6.14-inch Trimaster OLED display - Trimaster OLED display with Super Top Emission WOLED Pixel Structure
- Apple iPad Air 3 with Oxide TFT LCD - oxide TFT LCD instead of OLED Display
- Changhong, Skyworth and Konka release UHD 4k OLED-Tv in 2014 - Chinese companies use LG-Display panels! Samsung has no plans for releasing OLED TV within the year!
- OLED Display costs for Smartphones to fall below LCD soon - In 2016 AMOLED handset Panel Costs Expected to Fall Below LCD-Displays
- LG Display 18 inch flexible OLED Display - World largest flexible OLED Display suggest 60-inch rollable TVs
HDI a Los Gatos startup unveiled the world's first 100-inch 3D home theater powered by lasers.The engine uses LCoS panels and comes from Microdisplay.
For the laser light source, HDI has developed a laser module that contains a red, green and blue laser, each having an output of 1 Watt.
The Laser-Television system had a diagonal of 100 inches and an aspect ratio of 16:9. With a power consumption of 150 Watts, 300 nits were presented on the screen. Reportedly, 7 to 8 ft/Lamberts of circularly polarized light were presented to each eye. The contrast ratio was stated to be about 1000:1
The colors are richer than anything else, because they come from lasers.