100 inch 3D Laser-Tv prototyp from HDI
OLED Display News
- Ribag OVISO OLED lighting series - Control the brightness of the panel with a simple gesture!
- Merck is ready to print 3 meter per second semiconducting OLED layers - PrintOLED: Development of Printed Light - Emitting Diodes Successfully Concluded
- Samsung Display ramp up new flexible OLED production line - Samsung Display plans new products with flexible OLEDs 2015
- Samsung has stopped producing OLED TVs? - Curved Television forecast 2014-2017
- Sumitomo Chemical Polymer OLED - Polymer OLED at Light and Building 2014
HDI a Los Gatos startup unveiled the world's first 100-inch 3D home theater powered by lasers.The engine uses LCoS panels and comes from Microdisplay.
For the laser light source, HDI has developed a laser module that contains a red, green and blue laser, each having an output of 1 Watt.
The Laser-Television system had a diagonal of 100 inches and an aspect ratio of 16:9. With a power consumption of 150 Watts, 300 nits were presented on the screen. Reportedly, 7 to 8 ft/Lamberts of circularly polarized light were presented to each eye. The contrast ratio was stated to be about 1000:1
The colors are richer than anything else, because they come from lasers.