100 inch 3D Laser-Tv prototyp from HDI
OLED Display News
- Samsung introduce a foldable OLED in half by end 2015 - Samsung plans to lower production costs of Super-Amoled DIsplays
- Kateeva introduce YIELDjet FLEX printed Flexible OLEDs become real - First Yieldjet system which is mass production ready delivered to an unnamed customer in Asia! Samsung Display/LG-Display?
- Interview with LG Displays OLED Business Vice President - Byung-chul Ahn about OLED-Television and Plastic OLED
- LG sold 1,000 OLED-Tv Units in October 2014 - 1000 OLED-Television devices are sold in only one month in korea
- LG Display future products with Plastic OLED - LG DIsplay explain POLED 2015-2017
HDI a Los Gatos startup unveiled the world's first 100-inch 3D home theater powered by lasers.The engine uses LCoS panels and comes from Microdisplay.
For the laser light source, HDI has developed a laser module that contains a red, green and blue laser, each having an output of 1 Watt.
The Laser-Television system had a diagonal of 100 inches and an aspect ratio of 16:9. With a power consumption of 150 Watts, 300 nits were presented on the screen. Reportedly, 7 to 8 ft/Lamberts of circularly polarized light were presented to each eye. The contrast ratio was stated to be about 1000:1
The colors are richer than anything else, because they come from lasers.